The Southend East Community Academy Trust (SECAT) came into being on 1st September 2016, was extended in August 2017 and is now comprised of six schools:
- Bournes Green Infant School
- Bournes Green Junior School
- Hinguar Primary School
- Richmond Avenue Primary School
- Thorpedene Primary School
- Shoeburyness High School
SECAT has its own Board of Trustees and each school has its own Academy Committee (AC) which is accountable to the Trust Board.
Our Mission is building strong schools, building strong partnerships, building strong communities.
We are a community of schools working in partnership, sharing resources and ideas to provide a rounded and inclusive education to our students who range from the age of 3 through to 18. We work towards enhancing the life chances and prosperity of our students and to equip them for adult life. Whilst keeping each school’s individual character, we encourage our staff to share best practice and knowledge to further benefit our students. We are passionate about educating and encouraging our students to become active, successful citizens and to have the confidence to meet any challenge they face.
We will achieve these by:
- Putting student outcomes at the heart of everything we do
- Supporting and challenging the schools in the Trust
- Challenging inequality
- Continually looking to improve standards of leadership and governance
- Expecting the highest standards of teaching across our partnership
- Seeking to engage parents and the wider community with the Trust
- Identifying and being honest about our areas of strength and weakness
- Identifying support requirements
- Supporting the improvement of schools in the Trust and the delivery of interventions
- Distributing leadership across the Trust
- Taking shared accountability for the performance of Academies in the Trust
- Sharing data across the Partnership
- Disseminating success
The Central Multi-Academy Trust Head Office is based at SECAT House, which is in the grounds of Thorpedene Primary School, one of the 6 schools in our MAT. The Chief Executive Officer, Acting Chief Financial Officer, Finance Director and Administration Assistant to the CEO, all operate from SECAT House.
The Central Finance Team, the Central ICT Team and the Central HR Team are all based in schools within the MAT; the Central Finance Team and Central ICT Team operate from Shoeburyness High School and the Central HR Team operate from Richmond Avenue Primary School.
SECAT has a responsibility to ensure all our young people receive the best provision possible. This is what we intend to do; to make full and flexible use of all the expertise, resources and facilities across the Trust for the benefit of all.
If you wish to find out more about the work of the Trust please contact:
Mrs Ruth Brock,
Chief Executive Officer,
SECAT House, Delaware Road, Shoeburyness, SS3 9NP or by email: email@example.com